The California Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program offers the ability for applicants to receive student loan repayment assistance in varying amounts depending on the field and healthcare provider they work with. Find out more on what this program requires and how much you may qualify for toward your nursing program and schooling.
To be eligible for this program, you have to meet all of the following:
- be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in California and have a BSN degree
- be practicing as an RN providing direct patient care in a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area – Primary Care (HPSA-PC), County, State, prison, or Veteran’s facility
- have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- be free from any other service obligation
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for one year
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
For a full disclosure on more information regarding eligibility please head over to the official Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development website.
How much should be expected through his award?
Generally, through this program, you may qualify for up to $10,000 in student loan repayment assistance. In some cases, this program may allow you to qualify for much more than this depending on the program or scholarship you end up going with. For more information regarding additional awarding amounts please head over to the following link.
What Loans Qualify?
Inquire within regarding qualifying loans for this program. You can reach out here: Application Assistance.
How to apply?
You will need to apply through the following CalREACH link. You must apply by the deadline as they have a very strict policy of no exceptions to applications after this deadline so apply early if possible.