Like many things in life, not all lenders are created equal. Some lenders are going to offer certain things that you may enjoy while others may not. Our goal is to be transparent in bringing the facts to show both the good and the bad from each and every lender that we showcase on this website. This is why we have created the lender comparison page. Our intent with this page is to allow for you to get a brief overview of some of what each lending partners. Each lender in the refinance space for both normal federal loans as well as Parent PLUS loans is featured on our refinance page.
With unique offers coming from each lender, we try to highlight terms, interest rates, auto pay discounts, loan minimums and more. Feel free to click on any of the lenders below to go into a more detailed view of that lender. Please be aware that we are not financial advisors or analysts and would recommend you seek a professional opinion before deciding if refinancing or consolidating your student loans is the right decision for you. Our goal is to simply provide you all the options in regards to the student loan refinance or consolidation space and be transparent while doing so. Check out the brief overview of our lending partners below.
Earnest has a feeling that people who are financially responsible are not getting the true credit that they deserve. They feel that typical lenders and banks are stuck in the past and not giving the hard working people the opportunity to set themselves up for financial success. With Earnest, they are all about putting people first. They highlight personal loans as well as student loan refinancing for both private and federal loans as well as parent PLUS loans. Not only does this help them stand apart from other lenders in the space, but they also take an unconventional stance when it comes to seeing if a person qualifies for one of their loans. What this means is that they are looking at more than just your credit score and income to determine rates and qualification. To find out more information on earnest, click on the image or button below.
LendKey takes a different approach to lending. They saw the lending process as something super exciting, but the entire idea of filling out paperwork was something that was long overdue for a refresh. Along with this refresh, they also wanted to disrupt how a conventional loan was created within the lender. For this LendKey decided to go out and form partnerships with our 13,000 banks and credit unions across the country. With this strategy, LendKey is able to offer their lenders and qualified participants competitive rates that you likely will not find with other lenders. The reason behind this is because of the competitive nature to try and drive the best rates to their lenders through the lending community that they have created. To find out more information on LendKey, click on the image or button below.
SoFi is a new type of financial organization taking a revolutionary approach to lending and wealth supervision. From unmatched products and resources to faster service and open conversations, SoFi is all about helping their members surpass and find success. Whether or not they’re wanting to buy a property, conserve money on student loans, move up in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community functions to enable their members to achieve the aspirations they set and obtain fiscal success accordingly. With over $7 Billion in funded refinance student loans, there is a clear reason why SoFi one of the leaders in the student loan space. Learn more about SoFi below.
Education Loan Finance, also known as Elfi is one of the newer lenders that we have added to our site. Elfi offers some of the lowest rates we have seen across all of our lenders with rates starting from just 2.39% for variable rates and as low as 3.19% for fixed. To qualify for refinancing, your loan amount will need to be over $15,000. Elfi offers competitive rates for both federal and private student loans as well as Parent PLUS student loans. Their motto is to use the interest you would have paid on your student loans to “invest in your dreams”. Learn more about how Elfi is leading the charge is helping people pay off their student loans smarter and faster.
Splash Financial is one of the few lenders that has a focus both on student loan refinancing and a heavy focus on students with medical loans. SpashFinancial is one of the newest lenders we have had the pleasure of working but don’t let that fool you, they have some of the most competitive rates we have seen across all our lending partners. They offer refinancing options for both private and federal student loans, and on the medical side of things they cover both fellow and resident members. If you are looking to take the next step in refinancing or consolidating your student loans, be sure to check out Splash Financial.
Brazos Education Lending Corporation (“Brazos”) is a non-profit student loan refinancing company based in the wonderful state of Texas. Brazos offers unique offerings specific to residents in the state of Texas only. They have both competitive offers for both student loan refinancing as well as parent PLUS student loan refinancing. Brazos also offers some of the best customer services in the business from start to finish through the entire process. If you are a resident in the state of Texas, you definitely want to start with Brazos as an option for student loan refinancing.
Juno is a student loan lender that provides students and their families with private student loan options to help finance their education. Juno offers fixed and variable rate loan options, as well as the ability for borrowers to apply with a cosigner. They also have a rewards program that rewards borrowers for making on-time payments and staying on track with their loan repayment. In addition, they offer borrower benefits such as unemployment protection and career resources. They are focused on providing student loan options that are transparent and affordable, making it easier for students to achieve their educational goals.
Sparrow is a student loan lender that provides private student loans and refinance options to help finance higher education. They offer competitive interest rates and flexible repayment terms, with the ability for borrowers to apply with a cosigner. Sparrow also provides a unique feature called “Sparrow Score” which is a personalized dashboard that helps borrowers track their credit score and manage their student loan repayment. They also offer career resources and other benefits to help borrowers succeed financially. Sparrow’s goal is to provide affordable student loan options and to empower borrowers to make informed decisions about their education financing.
Refinance to shorten or extend the term of your loan
‣ Depending on what type of loan you have, (in most cases it’s a federal loan) you may have the option to extend or shorten the term of the loan. According to the consumerfinance.gov website, the typical repayment time is generally 120 months (10 years). If you would like the pay off your student loan in a quicker amount of time, refinancing is a good option to help shrink the 120-month option to something a little smaller such as a 5-year loan. On the other side of the spectrum, you may have the option to extend the length of your loan. Some of our lending partners allow for you to extend the term of your loan up to 25 years. This will allow you more time to pay off the loan, the possibility of a lower interest rate, and a lower overall monthly payment throughout the loan term.
Refinance to get a lower interest rate
‣ One of the most common reasons that people will refinance their student loans is to get a new, lower interest rate. Some of our lending partners have interest rates starting in the mid 2% range, which can be huge overall savings if you qualify for that rate. The main takeaway from this is that with the lower interest rate, you can potentially save tens or even tens of thousands of dollars depending on the starting debt amount. Take a close look at what your current rate is and compare it with our student loan refinance lenders to see how much you could save.
Refinance to lower your monthly payment
‣ Another super common reason that people look into refinancing is to see about lowering their payment. Many of the lending partners on this site offer the user the ability to take a loan out from as little as 5 years and in some cases allow you to take them out for up to 25 years. Generally, the longer the loan, the lower your monthly payment may be, whereas the shorter your loan is, the higher the monthly payment will be. This also ties into the previous point regarding refinancing to shorten or extend the term of your loan we discussed earlier.
Refinance from an adjustable-rate to a fixed-rate loan
‣ A not so common reason that people may choose to refinance their student loans is to see about switching their loan from an adjustable-rate (also known as variable-rate) to a fixed-rate loan, or vice vera. Through refinancing, you may have the option to change your loan from a variable-rate, which could have a fluctuation in rates with how the economy is doing, to a finite fixed-rate loan, where the APR stays the same. On the other side of the spectrum, if you have a super high fixed-rate loan, you may want to look into getting a variable-rate loan, as you could potentially see savings if the variable rate drops below that of the fixed-rate loan.
Refinance to remove a co-signer from your loan
‣ If you are ready to take over your loan for yourself, you can generally refinance to remove a co-signer from the loan. Many of our lending partners offer what is known as a co-signer “release” which allows for you to drop your co-signer after a certain number of specified months. If your current student loan is using a co-signer and they want out or if you are ready to take sole responsibility for paying off the loan, then refinancing may be an option to not only help remove your co-signer but also could save you some money in the process with a lower interest rate.