THE STUDENT LOAN CALCULATOR | TheStudentLoanCalculator.com
But first, a note about your use of the Site:
At the time you register for a The Student Loan Calculator account, you will choose and provide us with an email address, password, social security number date of birth, bank account login credentials, and Federal PIN. In addition, with your permission, we will upload your student loan information to our Site in order to provide recommendations on how you should pay back your student loans. When you log in and use the Site and give us permission to access your student loan data, your information and activities will be visible to us, but to no other person.
What information do we collect?
Information provided by you:
You may provide us with certain personally identifiable information when you:
- register for a The Student Loan Calculator account;
- login and actually use the Site;
- request customer support or send us any other communication;
- sign up for newsletters, email alerts, and special offers;
- respond to surveys;
- give us permission and the information necessary to upload your student loan information;
- register for an advanced profile which will include your personal income, employment status, household size, college enrollment status, and other demographic data.
Such information may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, student loan balances and terms, account numbers, lenders, social security number, and Federal PIN. You may also provide us with information about other people, such as their email addresses, if you email a product to a friend or refer a friend to the Site or our promotions.
Information collected by Cookies:
We may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our website. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with The Student Loan Calculator and other legal restrictions. The Student Loan Calculator does not permit any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our websites. Certain functionalities related to the provision of additional products and services require marketers to share website usage information about visitors to the Site, who have received a targeted promotional campaign, with a reputable third-party advertising company for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics. To this end, The Student Loan Calculator’s third-party advertising company makes a note of some of the pages you visit on the Site through the use of pixel tags.
Information collected by Web Beacons and Log Files:
The Student Loan Calculator collects certain non-personally identifiable information through the use of web beacons and log files. Such information may include your IP address, browser type, site usage, and whether you opened emails you received from us.
How do we secure your information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we use commercially reasonable and generally-accepted technological safeguards to secure any information we collect about you. You will be automatically logged out of your The Student Loan Calculator account after fifteen minutes of non-activity. The secure server software (SSL) we use encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. In addition, your The Student Loan Calculator account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You should always take steps to protect the confidentiality of the password you select. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
We use the following specific measures to protect your The Student Loan Calculator account and the data we store about you:
- 256-bit encryption issued by Comodo SSL;
- 2048-bit next generation SSL certificates as recommended by the National Institute of Standards and Technology;
- All-access to The Student Loan Calculator servers is secured and restricted from access by any external sources;
- Recurring scans are provided by McAfee Secure to detect and correct any security vulnerabilities.
You may also choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website.
We work very hard to protect your privacy, but we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security.
How do we use your information?
We use the personally identifiable information you provide to:
- provide the features and functionality of the Site;
- send you information about our products and services;
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, and so forth;
- help us create content and show advertisements that are most relevant to you; and
- send you information about third party products and services
We use your email address to communicate with you about your account and to send you certain notification emails. We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send marketing messages and notifications from time to time whether or not you created an account with us.
You may unsubscribe by visiting your profile page.
We use non-personally identifiable information to monitor the use and performance of the Site so that we can learn more about how people use the Site which helps us improve our products and services and significantly enhance your experience on our website.
Generally, The Student Loan Calculator does not share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent except that:
If you sign up for a promotion or enroll in a service we offer in partnership with a third party, we may provide information (such as your name, email address, and account activity) to such third parties.
The Student Loan Calculator may also release information (including your name, addresses, telephone number, and account activity) when we, in our sole discretion believe that such release is necessary or appropriate to:
- comply with the law;
- comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government investigations, or other legal processes;
- enforce or apply the terms of any of our user or license agreements;
- investigate or respond to allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity
- investigate fraud or similar claims;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of The Student Loan Calculator, our users, or others.
- to protect our operations; or
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
The Student Loan Calculator may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third parties in aggregate form to potential business partners and investors.
The Student Loan Calculator may use third-party service providers to place ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on the Site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a web beacon, which is industry-standard technology used by most major sites. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third-party service providers, please contact us at [email protected]
In addition, we will offer our users the opportunity to opt-in to receive emails, notifications of promotions, and the like offered by our partners from such partners. You have the right to decline to opt-in to take advantage of this service.
How can I change, delete, or update my information?
Your private account information can be changed in the Profile section of the Site. If you have any questions about what information is stored or would like to modify or obtain a copy of such information, please contact us at: