Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program of Florida
Through the Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program of Florida, qualified applicants who are working in areas where there is a critical nursing shortage may be eligible to qualify for student loan forgiveness. Read on to see eligibility requirements, award amounts, and the application process for the Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program of Florida.
In order to be eligible for the Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program of Florida, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be licensed as an LPN, RN, or ARNP in the state of Florida
- Have loans incurred toward a nursing education
- Work full-time at one of the designated employment sites established in Section 1009.66, Florida Statutes.
- See the list below to see which sites are acceptable:
- Designated Employment Sites and Facilities
- The State of Florida operated medical and healthcare facilities
- Public schools
- Department of Health county health departments
- Federally sponsored community health centers
- Teaching hospitals*
- Family practice teaching hospitals*
- Specialty hospitals for children*
- Match facilities – Other Florida licensed hospitals, birth centers, and nursing homes must be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis by contributions from the employing institutions.
* As defined by statute
How much can I expect to be awarded?
Through the Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program of Florida, applicants may be able to receive up to $4000 per year for a maximum of 4 years. This means that this program you may qualify for up to $16,000 in student loan forgiveness. Payment is made at the end of each 12 month enrollment period and made directly to the participant’s lender. Enrollment and payment of awards are based on available funds.
What loans qualify for this program?
• Stafford loans
• Grad PLUS loans
• Consolidation loans
• Perkins loans
• Private student loans
Please Note: Only loans obtained to cover nursing educational expenses or living expenses while studying nursing are eligible.
How do I apply for this repayment program?
In order to apply for the Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program of Florida, you will need to go through their application packet. Once downloaded, complete and fill out the packet and send it to this address:
Florida Department of Education
Office of Student Financial Assistance
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1314
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
Be sure to reference the following link for any additional questions or concerns you may have about the program:
In the event that you have questions that cannot be answered by the application notes, you can contact them here:
Local Metro Area
If you still have questions or would like to know more information please reach out to us here or you can go back to the Student Loan Repayment Assistance Programs page.