Through the Montana NHSC Student Loan Repayment Program, qualifying applicants may be able to receive up to $30,000 towards their student loan debt in exchange for healthcare services in rural and frontier areas. If you are a resident of Montana, continue reading to see how this program may help you tackle your student loan debt. Continue reading to see if you are eligible.
This program provides a loan repayment option for providers unable to receive NHSC funding and who have qualified educational loans. The following professions are able to apply:
- Physician (MD/DO) with the following specialty
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine (Osteopathic General Practice)
- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with the following specialty
- Psychiatry/ mental health
- Women’s health
- Primary Care Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Psychiatrist (MD/DO)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist
- Clinical or Counseling Psychologist
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Dentist (DDS/DMD)
- Registered Dental Hygienist
For a full breakdown of the program benefits, check out their helpful brochure.
What is the award amount?
Through the Montana NHSC Student Loan Repayment Program, applicants may be able to get up to $15,000 per year for up to two years, for a total of $30,000 towards your student loans. See the above professions to see if you qualify for this program.
How to apply?
If you are interested in apply for this program, please head over to their site and fill out an online application. As with many of the other programs we have listed throughout the Student Loan Calculator, there is a timeline as to when applications will and can be accepted. Please head over to the official website to see more details regarding this deadline and any other program related questions.