Through the Minnesota Health Professionals Student Loan Forgiveness Program, qualifying applicants may be able eligible to have their student loan debt forgiven by working in rural areas. This program covers many different fields and if you are a resident of Minnesota, you will want to look into this program further. Continue reading to see what you need in order to qualify and how much you may be eligible for in student loan forgiveness.
In order to qualify for the Maryland State Loan Repayment Program, you must be an eligible health professional. Please check out the links listed below in order to see more about this program:
- Minnesota Allied Health Care Tech Guidelines
- Minnesota Dental Therapists/Advanced Dental Therapist Guidelines
- Minnesota Dentist Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Mental Health Professional Guidelines
- Minnesota Urban Mental Health Professional Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Advanced Practice Provider Guidelines
- Minnesota Nurse Faculty Guidelines
- Minnesota Nurses in Long Term Care Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Pharmacist Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Physician Guidelines
- Minnesota Urban Physician Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Public Health Nurse Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Veterinarian Loan Repayment Program (University of Minnesota Graduates only)
Note that each program may have different guidelines in order to be accepted. For more information regarding the above programs or other questions in general, you can reach out to [email protected]
What is the award amount?
Through the Minnesota Health Professionals Student Loan Forgiveness Program, you may be able to receive up to $25,000 per year for a minimum 3-year commitment with a program maximum of 4 years. You will need to keep in mind that the award amount will depend specifically on what your field of practice is as well as where you will be practicing.
What loans qualify for this program?
The following loans will qualify for the Minnesota Health Professionals Student Loan Forgiveness Program:
• Stafford loans
• Grad PLUS loans
• Consolidation loans
• Perkins loans
• Private student loans
How to apply?
To apply or learn more about the Minnesota Health Professionals Student Loan Forgiveness Program you can head over to the official programs website. The site will do a breakdown of specific career-related programs that are accepted through this program. Please be advised that this program will only take and accept applicants during specific times of the year, so be sure to review the application guidelines and terms before applying.
For further questions in relation to this program, you can send them an email at [email protected]