Through the Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program qualifying applicant may qualify for more than $23,000 in student loan aid per year for a maximum of 3 years. Continue reading to see what you will need in order to be eligible for this unique student loan repayment program.
In order to be eligible for the Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program you must meet the following criteria and be a practicing dentist:
- You must be a Maryland resident.
- You must have graduated from an accredited US dental school.
- You must have a valid unrestricted license to practice dentistry in Maryland and be employed full-time as a dentist in Maryland providing care to the Maryland Medical Assistance Program (MMAP) recipients in Maryland. You must have at least 30 percent of your patient population as MMAP recipients.
- You must have outstanding eligible higher education loans.
- You cannot be in default on a loan or have incomplete
What is the award amount?
Dentists may receive up to $23,740 per year for each year of obligated service up to a maximum of 3 years of service.
You must sign and return a promissory note stating that you will remain employed full-time as a dentist. You must agree to maintain at least 30 percent of your patient population as MMAP recipients. If you hold this scholarship with any other award requiring a service obligation, you must perform your service in consecutive years.
How to apply?
To apply for the Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program you will need to Complete and file an MDC-LARP application available from the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH). You can then contact DHMH by calling (410) 767-7899.