Through the Illinois Nurse Educator Student Loan Repayment Program, qualifying nurse educators may qualify for grant money to help them pay off their student loans. This program is only for residents of Illinois and works with a good amount of the student loan types out there. Continue reading to see how you can qualify and how you can begin to pay down your student debt through this program.
In order to be eligible for the Illinois Nurse Educator Student Loan Repayment Program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You MUST be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be an Illinois resident.
- You MUS have an outstanding balance due on an eligible educational loan (includes Stafford Loans, Graduate PLUS Loans, consolidation loans, nursing student loans, Supplemental Loans for Students, alternative loans, and other types of government and institutional loans used for nursing education expenses).
- You MUST not be in default on any of the federally guaranteed educational loans. You can also NOT owe a refund on any scholarship or grant program administered by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission also known as the ISAC.
- You MUST have worked as a nurse educator instructing practical or professional nurses in an approved Illinois institution for at least the past 12 consecutive months prior to the date of each application for this program.
- Finally, you MUST be a nurse educator who meets the licensing requirements of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
For a full breakdown of what is needed through this program please head over to their official website here.
What is the award amount?
Upon meeting all of the above criteria, you will be able to collect up to $5,000.00 per year for up to 4 years through the Illinois Nurse Educator Student Loan Repayment Program.
What loans qualify for this program?
The following loans will qualify through the Illinois Nurse Educator Student Loan Repayment Program:
• Stafford loans
• Grad PLUS loans
• Consolidation loans
• Perkins loans
• Nursing Student Loans (NSLs)
• Supplemental loans for students (SLS)
• Private student loans
• Institutional student loans
Please Note: That all loans must be for nursing education expenses. Any expenses outside of that realm will not qualify for this program.
How to apply?
In order to apply for the Illinois Nurse Educator Student Loan Repayment Program, you will need to meet the above qualifications. Upon meeting the above criteria, you can head over to their website to download an application. All of the information will be this page, simply head over to the “How To Apply” section to get the documents you need in order to get started.