False Loan Certification

October 16, 20180

Has your school falsely certified your eligibility for a loan? You may want to take a look into the False Loan Certification program to see if you will be eligible to have your student loans discharged. Highlighted below is what you will need in order to be considered for this program. Read on to see what qualifies for this program.


Through the False Loan Certification, there are a couple of different ways in which you can qualify for this program. If your school has falsely certified a loan, you may qualify for this program if you received the given loan on or after January 1, 1986. Here are some of the common scenarios that you may qualify for:

  • False Certification due to Unauthorized Signature
    • You will qualify for this program in the event that a school official has falsely signed the borrower’s name on a loan application. This also would include the promissory note. If this was the case, the borrower would not benefit from any of the funds
  • False Certification due to Ability to Benefit
    • You will qualify for this program in the event that the school admits a student (you) when they do not meet the requirements of admission. An example here would be the borrower would not be able to benefit from the education that was given.
  • Disqualifying Status
    • In this example, the student would be unable to meet the legal requirements in terms of employment in the student’s state of residence. This can be due to age, specifically, age in regards to completing the training, mental or physical condition, if they have a criminal record or other miscellaneous reasons would qualify them for this status. This status is currently only applicable if this existed at the time the loan was issued.

How much can I expect to get awarded?

In the event that you meet all of the above requirements, you can be eligible to receive up to 100% of your federal student loans discharged. You will need to fall into one of the above categories.

What Loans Qualify?

The following loans qualify under the False Loan Certification:

• Stafford loans
• Grad PLUS loans
• Parent PLUS loans
• Consolidation loans

Read more about how to apply below.

How to apply?

In order to apply for the False Loan Certification, you will need to fill out one of the following forms.

You should fall into one of these categories if you are applying for False Loan Certification.


If you still have questions or would like to know more information please reach out to us here or you can go back to the Student Loan Repayment Assistance Programs page.