Through the Colorado Health Service Corps student loan repayment program qualified applicants may be able to receive up to $30,000 per year for up to 3 years. This all depends on the field of practice but, if you are providing health care services in the state of Colorado To find out more about this program read below.
In order to qualify for this program, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- United States Citizen (U.S. Citizen) or eligible non-citizen
- A resident residing in the state of Colorado
- A licensed healthcare professional
Along with being a healthcare professional, you must provide health care services to those in need in designated shortage areas as deemed through this program. For a full detail list of qualifying fields please check out the following link.
How much should be expected through his award?
Through this program, qualified applicants have the ability to receive up to $30,000 per years for a max. This is dependent on the field of practice you choose to go into for a total of $90,000. In the event that you are a dentist in the space, you may qualify for an additional bonus in the amount of $25,000. To get this bonus you must sign for an additional 2-year agreement and it must be under the dental loan repayment program guidelines seen here.
Here is a further breakdown of the reward amounts:
- For dentists:
- $50,000 if you see 80 or more underserved patients per month.
- $37,500 if you see 60-79 underserved patients per month.
- $25,000 if you see 20-59 underserved patients per month.
- For dental hygienists:
- $12,000 if you see 80 or more underserved patients per month.
- $8,000 if you see 60-79 underserved patients per month.
- $6,000 if you see 20-59 underserved patients per month.
For the full breakdown of terms and agreements for this program please head here.
What loans qualify?
The following loans qualify for this student loan repayment program:
• Stafford loans
• Grad PLUS loans
• Consolidation loans
• Perkins loans
• Private student loans
For a full list of approved loans and program requirements please head over to Colorado Government website.
How to apply?
To apply for this program, you will need to go through the Colorado Government website.