Through the CDA Foundation Student Loan Repayment Grant, one lucky dental student may qualify for student loan repayment up to $105,000. This program looks at recent dental students and offers a select student the opportunity to get some serious money towards their dental school student debt. Read more to find out the full benefits of this program.
To be eligible for the CDA Foundation Student Loan Repayment Grant program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from an American Dental Association accredited dental school with a DDS or DMD degree within the last three years of the award cycle year or positioned to graduate in the next three months at the time of application.
- Be eligible to practice dentistry in California.
- Be a legal citizen or resident of the United States.
- Submit a completed online application packet.
- Have received student loans from governmental and/or commercial lending institutions.
- Sign a binding contract to serve a minimum of three years (36 months) in one of the following:
- 1. A California Dental Health Professional Shortage Area (DHPSA) pursuant to section 254e(a) of Title 42 of the United States Code, or
- 2. An area of the state where unmet priority needs for dentists exist as determined by the California Health Manpower Policy Commission pursuant to Section 128225, or
- 3. In an underserved work site as determined by the CDA Foundation
- Secured employment with an eligible work site.
- Provide no less than 30 hours of hands-on clinical dental care per week: total hours can be accomplished among one or more eligible work site(s).
- Not be in default or have judgment liens for any debts including, but not limited to, taxes and education assistance programs.
Loan reduction payments shall not be used to pay down debts other than student educational assistance debts from governmental or commercial lending institutions.
How much should be expected through his award?
Through this program, you may qualify for a few different levels of repayment. Through this program, you may qualify for up to $35,000 per year with a maximum of $105,000 over three years. In order to qualify for these amounts, you will need to serve in areas that are underserved. Additionally, one runner-up with qualify for an award in the amount of $5,000.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this program, you will need to head over to the following link. Please note that you will need to apply for this program within the desired timeline. This timeline generally takes place during the summer months from May – July.